Saturday, November 21, 2015

Utrecht Record Fair November 2015: Day 2




Saturday, normally all the good deals are made on the Friday, but this time I had not picked up stuff in the usual numbers.
However I am well pleased with the finds.

A new discovery for me was this Penny Wise single. I believe it is the 2nd of 3 singles the band released before they metamorphosed into Amsterdam
It's a lovely lush pop number, starting in a near Pet Sounds setting then crossing the Atlantic into a British 68 popsike sound...

https://youtu.be/ADf4tY5_0CE

Now a new feature these last few Utrechts are the Omega auctions taking place on the Saturday.
I had dreams of  living out my Storage Hunters fantasies


However there was a reason. I had my heart set of securing an original sleeved copy of the A2 Looking at You. A nice touch was meeting John Sinclair after the win. He asked if I wanted him to sign it and I reacted by a loud NOOOOOOOO!!!! Not too cool on my part, but I was well pleased that he signed the white paper sleeve. He confirmed that there were 500 sleeves.



 I lost out on I Can Only Give You Everything, but my flutter on my main object of desire paid out without going too crazy even with the 25% commission!

Of course there was another A&M God Save The Queen, but the prices are decreasing each time as the awareness spreads of the number of copies still available

No comments: