Saturday, March 27, 2010

Doug McDade and Purple People – I Wanna Do It


Doug McDade and Purple People-I Wanna Do It / Gonna Be Alright-Purple Records P1001 (1973 US)

Ohio born McDade moved to Wisconsin where he studied at The Marathon County Technical College. During this time he formed The Purple People who ended up releasing a cover of Purple People Eater and supported Alice Cooper, Del Shannon amongst others. I Wanna Do It finds Doug in insatiable mood. This stirring garage track is filled to the brim with cool guitar turns, loud Hammond and sports a top tune. Doug quit music soon after this release but resurrected himself as an actor and director. http://dougmcdade.vox.com/profile/

Hear a full version of I Wanna Do It



1 comment:

Collin said...

I swear to God, this song must have been permanently engrained in the hearts of Wisconsin garage puds. I have no less than FOUR other version of this Strangeloves' cut by local groups; like Milwaukee's 'Louie, Louie.' Thankfully, it's one I never tire of. And this version rules!

I have some other stuff on this label; I'll have to look around.