Thursday, January 21, 2010

Flamin’ Groovies -Slow Death –UK Picture Sleeve Demo!






Flamin’ Groovies -Slow Death/Tallahassee Lassie –UA UP 35392 (1972 UK)

Wow... is this the ultimate in cool or what? This is the single that started it all for me. It hit this 12 year old full face and the love story has never ended. I still play this single over and over and 38 years later it still sends shivers down the backbone. The overall attitude, the riff, the lyrics, those pounding drums, the amazing Dave Edmunds production (just check the best hand clap sound ever on the third verse), this single has and does it all...and for me is still the most perfect single I've ever heard or experienced.
Now the UK pic sleeve was only available with some UK demos (250 copies?) and this one came with the hand-out shown here. OK, the German pic sleeve is pretty cool, but this is the ultimate edition of this classic among classics. I am really chuffed getting my hands on this copy, but the good news for others is that I now have a spare copy of the UK pic sleeve in VG+ condition with its EX Demo record.
I am open to offers, but would rather trade for something equally special...any other unreleased Streak acetates out there for example?


Hear a full version of Slow Death









4 comments:

planckzoo said...

Thanks for sharing these amazing photos. The Groovies were amazing

Robin Wills said...

More info on the Slow Death UK Pic Sleeve: There are two versions! Also differing playing times. My demo stated 3:25 but plays the 4:15 version! So perhaos demos with the otehr sleeve all play the shorter version? (Thanks to Peter S. For the heads up!)
Check it ou here:

http://www.45cat.com/record/up35392

francesc said...

I hear in the 80's a superb group called Fortunate Sons; are you inside, right?

Robin Wills said...

Yes, at the core: 85-89