Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Reactions –Summertime Rock ‘N’ Roll


The Reactions –Summertime Rock ‘N’ Roll/Liberty –Vogue 45.x.12127 (1975 France)
Just as we are freezing our toes off, please accept into your life some Summertime Sub Bolan Bubblegum BoogieSummertime Rock ‘N’ Roll is basically a severe case of “I got a chorus and I ain’t afraid to use it”. It’s so repetitive, it makes Frost’s Rock ’N’ Roll Music sound like Bohemian Rhapsody! It’s a damn catchy tune featuring a rather curious yet fetching chord progression. Half way through its short run time, the beat also doubles up to great effect. The Reactions were a French affair (Lalanne, Foscolo and Meyer as writers), but it was recorded at Trident Studios in London and mixed at Sigma Sound in Philadelphia. The B side is basically an abridged and dressed down Tubular Bells coming in at under 3 minutes. A definite improvement in my book!

Click on title for a full version of Summertime Rock ‘N’ Roll



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning and as I lay in bed, half-awake, I heard this song jamming in my head. At first I didn't know what the hell it was...took me a few moments to remember. I played it only twice the night before and already it's waking me up like some kind of radio clock, lol. Very infectious, indeed! Great post!