Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Richmond –Peaches (What’s It All About)


Richmond –Peaches (What’s It All About)/Work For My Baby –Dart ART 2044 (1974 UK)

Good and strong 2-sider from Richmond. They also had an album out on Dart and at least one more single. I saw a mention that the album was folk, but this single, at least, is as far from folk as could be. Peaches is a medium-paced Glam cracker highlighted by some screeching dual Watkins Copicat delayed lead guitar. The catchy tune is a bit like one of those slower Glitter Band numbers and will surely ingrain itself into your brain. The B side ups the tempo and is a solid Boogie/Glam workout again with some great loud guitar chops.

Click on title for edits of Peaches and Work For My Baby

1 comment:

Velvettinmineradio said...

I'm glad to hear that this 45 is so good! This single and another by Richmond is on it's way to me as we speak!