Saturday, May 19, 2007

Muff –Discotheque King


Muff –Do The Hand Jive/ Discotheque King –Polydor 2040135 (1975 German Issue)


Here’s a little something to dance away the weekend. This single Seems to have been the follow up to Muff's Sexy Sexy Lady (Bell 1380) and once more the A side is a fun piece of commercial Glam fodder, but the B side is just so wonderfully inept. There seems to be more than a slight tempo conflict going on here and the crunching handclaps/foot stomps are lagging behind the beat (it’s also rare to have Glitter handclaps on the on-beat). The effect is just bizarre and you would have to be a real Discotheque King to be able to gyrate seamlessly to this one…


Click below for a full version of Discotheque King

4 comments:

Velvettinmineradio said...

I thought the same thing when I picked this up some months back! It's laughably bad at points and ya' put it best when you called it bizzare...

Rex Rock said...

I love Muff, Robin.

Didn't know that there was a band of that name too...

Robin Wills said...

Very classy...

Anonymous said...

holy Bay City Rollers! I know what I'm following Saturday Night up with at my next dj spot...

matt