Monday, May 01, 2006

New Release: Willie Nile

Willie Nile –Streets of New York –Evangeline GEL 4096 (2006)
Yes, Willie Nile is still very much amongst us and his new album is a godsend for those bitten by the Vagabond Moon bug all those years ago. His unique quavering warble is still intact and most of the songs hit the spot. Whereas Elliot Murphy lost the plot following Aquashow, Willie has stayed true to his early promise and doesn’t disappoint. This is Willie’s first album since Beautiful Wreck of The World (1999) and once again Willie demonstrates an uncanny knack of turning out instantly memorable hooks over and over again. Apart from the 13 originals there is also a fun energetic rendition of Police On My Back to be enjoyed... http://www.willienile.com/

3 comments:

Built, not born :-/ said...

Yeah, this is very good, Willie is one of the great journeymen. I love the production on Golden Down, that fantastic period prodouxion that's ALL treble. Awesome. At the moment I am obsessing over the 1st Eric Carmen album. It's perfect. (PS Did you know The Replacements have recorded two new songs??? I previewed them, they sound very promising.)

Trudi said...

Vagabond Moon was and is one of my favourites. Never heard anything else by him whatsoever. So I should, then?

Robin Wills said...

I am a big fan of his stuff, I believe there's a double CD career retrospective out -see the last Mojo...